Congratulations on purchasing an Adventure Belt! We wish you many, many fun and safe adventures together. There’s very often a period of adjustment for toddlers to get used to wearing their Adventure Belt (or any other toddler reins).
We recommend that you take the following steps:
- Allow your toddler to choose their favourite design of pouch
- Pre fill the pouch with a little surprise such as a little toy car, small figure, teeny teddy, keyring, colouring pencils or even a couple of sweets.
- Let your toddler wear only the pouch without the bungee for short period in the house for a few days to get used to it.
- Attach your toddler on a long bungee and go for your first walk somewhere away from hazards to give you both a chance to get used to the Adventure Belt in a relaxed surrounding
- Strike a balance between insisting your toddler walks in the direction you're going but also let them explore and investigate things along the way that capture their interest.
Tips for successful use of your Adventure Belt:
- Give your toddler a choice of walking on their Adventure Belt or going in the buggy/sling. My toddler almost always chooses the Adventure Belt and is happy to be given the independence to choose.
- Ensure that you make walks and adventures fun for your toddler and allow them to go at their pace and explore.
- Fill the pouch with occasional treats - such as your snack for on your adventure.
- Make up scavenger hunts - say collect 5 acorns, 1 pebble and 1 cooker and take them home in your pouch.
To order your Adventure Belt click here: